Pokemon Trainer Turf

A union among legends...

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Writing Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakkon Whitestream
Turf Overlord
Turf Overlord

PostSubject: Writing Rules   Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:20 pm

RULES:

1. Rate your thread properly. Use appropriate warnings when introducing your thread. A thread describing ratings will be up forthwith, so no excuses.

2. There is no excuse for exceptionally poor grammar or spelling (Yes, you know who you are). If your writing software does not contain a spellchecker, look on up on the internet. Any thread displaying exceptionally poor spelling and/or grammar will be closed and the author will be infracted.

3. When I had no choice but to use Notepad to create fanfiction, I used this website (http://editminion.com/ ). Not only does it pick up on bad spelling, but also on grammar. It also picks up on things even WORD misses.

3b. A clear, simple grammar thread will also be adapted soon. Check it out.

4. If writing a story: one chapter per post. If you must and or decide to post more than one chapter in one post, please use different spoiler texts. If you refuse to do either, you will be infracted and your thread will be edited or closed

5. In contrast to usual rules, you may double post if and only if you wish to post a new chapter and no one has yet commented.

6. Do not plagiarize other people's work - that's posting someone else's stuff and claiming it as your own. If you do that, you will get HEAVY INFRACTIONS

7. Do not SPAM in your threads. Or anywhere for that matter...

8. Don't ignore constructive criticism or advice. Take it into account and implement it. Trust me, it can help you ALOT.

9. Respect everyone's opinions. If someone doesn't like your story, it's their problem, not yours. Don't respond to flaming or any spam posts. Report it and a staff member will assess the situation.

10. One liners are forbidden, whether in the author's posts or in reviews.

11. Anyone leaving a one liner comment like 'Nice!' will be infracted or warned from now on. No exceptions. If you can't think of anything at all constructive or you haven't even got anything specific about the thread you can compliment the author for, then don't post.

Stickied threads expanding on how to properly rate a thread and how to give good reviews will be posted shortly. Watch this space.

Any questions? Don't hesitate to PM me.
~Drakkon
Back to top Go down
http://pkmntrainerturf.forumotion.com

Writing Rules
Page 1 of 1