Pokemon Trainer Turf

A union among legends...

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Thread of Usernames!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Klockwork
Troll Brigade
Troll Brigade
Klockwork

The Thread of Usernames! Empty
PostSubject: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey! Kera here. Okay, I've been seeing a lot of awesome usernames. But what I really wanna know, is how you made it up. So go ahead! Tell us what your username means. We're dying to hear.

Personally, Kerauno holds a bit of significance and memory for me. Back in sixth grade, I was a rather obsessive otaku for the Percy Jackson series. Still am. So, I wanted to have a special weapon with a name, like Percy had his pen/sword.

I googled the Greek word for "lightning bolt", and lo, and behold, "kerauno" appeared. Since then I've used it in pretty much everything regarding the internet, save for a few things. While the fanfic grew cold and abandoned, the memories of having the weapon (i really got a weapon and named it that, it was a javelin) still stick with me.

So. What's the story behind your username?

Meet Klockwork's friend Grapsimo.
Back to top Go down
http://grapsimo.deviantart.com/
Drakkon Whitestream
Turf Overlord
Turf Overlord
Drakkon Whitestream

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Drakkon is a corruption of a rough japanese translation of 'Dragon' and Whitestream is the english equivalent of Drakkon's japanese surname, 'Kiyozawa', which means pure stream...
Back to top Go down
http://pkmntrainerturf.forumotion.com
Doubled
Turf Overlord
Turf Overlord
Doubled

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Well.....Mine was sort of an accident. Back on DA when I was first starting out, I Made my name Doubled32, accidentally forgetting to capitalize the second D (In other words I would've been Double-D).

However, I've grown rather attached to the name, and I think it sort of represents how my mind works. Basically I Double the rate of stories in my mind (I can barely get a few of them on paper), as well as the characters I have (Currently over 40 at least.). But other than that, there isn't much reason I have it.

Yes! I am the same Doubled32 from DA! Click here to visit or click here to visit our DA page.
Back to top Go down
Tunduli
Art Staff
Art Staff
Tunduli

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 am

oh hey I like this thread c:

I ... don't really know where I got this name from. |D well, it came about when I was joining Pok├ęCharms, and I couldn't think of any good names. This was two years ago, back when three quarters of my characters had weeaboo wapanese names that I had just made up 'cos I thought they sounded 'cool'.

ANYWAY
Yeah I just made up 'tunduli' (trufact: originally without any capitals) and ... It stuck. |D And good thing, too, I quite like the name. Luckily it means I have lots of nicknames and I can alter it quite a lot - Tun, Tunny, Tunni, Tundu, Tun-san, Tun-nyan, Tun-kero, Tunblerone, Tuncake, Tunflooni, iTuns ... you probably get it by now ~

would you believe a made-up word is now my name and a furry purple creature?

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ON THE INTRAWRNETS
Back to top Go down
Erucia
Art Staff
Art Staff
Erucia

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm

I just made up my name and I don't even know how... xP
Back to top Go down
DarkSoul
Regular User
Regular User
DarkSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:00 pm

I was originally known as Hunting Rifle, after the one in my IRL weapon collection. Those things look cool as heck. At some point, I decided I needed a better username and pretty much out of nowhere- And because I was/still am a sucker for things that sound cool- I thought of Dark Soul. I was still young and quite a bit n00bish back then, and I only later realized it sounded kind of emo |D

But like a lot of usernames, it stuck around and nowadays I'm mostly known as Dark, DS and the like, although I've made a nice little collection of D-Soul names; DeftSoul, DaftSoul, DatSoul, DerpSoul, DrugSoul.

I go by AlphaSaluno in most games and other forums, the name of a fictional deity in a fic I never finished and lost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Usernames!   The Thread of Usernames! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread of Usernames!
Page 1 of 1